What Are Steel Plates Used For?
Steel is one of the most important materials used in manufacturing, construction, and other industrial jobs. At IM Steel, we are a leading supplier of steel products, including steel plates, steel coils, steel billets, steel tubing, and more. Read on to learn more about the various applications for steel plates and how to place an order with IM Steel today—
Top Uses for Steel Plates
Steel plates are used by businesses in myriad industries throughout the world. Some of the top uses for steel plates include:
- Construction. Steel plates are used in just about every type of construction job, from road work to home construction and more. Steel plates are especially common in the construction of large commercial structures, including bridges.
- Military. Military vehicles and buildings are often reinforced with steel plates. Steel plates are also used in weapons manufacturing.
- Auto manufacturing. Steel plates are a key material in many vehicle types. They are often used to reinforce a vehicle and improve safety.
- Shipping. Products shipping is essential to our economy and way of life, and most products are shipped in large shipping containers, which are commonly built using steel plates.
- Household goods manufacturing. Steel plates are used in the manufacturing of various household appliances, including refrigerators and dishwashers.
- Ship construction. Finally, steel plates are one of the most common materials in shipbuilding, as well as the construction of offshore construction projects.
Who We Work with
At IM Steel, we are suppliers for auto manufacturers, steel service centers, counterweight manufacturing companies, agricultural equipment manufacturers, and many more! If your business depends on steel plates, reach out to us directly.
Our Carbon Steel Plates
Our steel plates are carbon steel plates, which means they’re harder, more durable, and more resistant to corrosion than standard steel plates. We also cut plates to length at no drop to the customer, maintain multiple gauges of steel plates for sale, and post and update our inventory regularly. We also are able to stage and fill an order within 24 hours of receiving it, which means you’ll never have to deal with unreasonable delays when you choose our company for your steel plates.
Place Your Steel Plate Order Today
At IM Steel, we are a nationwide leader in steel plate distribution. To place your order for your carbon steel plates, call us directly or use our website to request a quote. We work with businesses in various industries and are looking forward to serving yours!